Saturday, April 2, 2011

Battle: LA


Last night, my bf and I went to see Battle: LA which stars recognizable faces Aaron Eckhart (Two-Face! I shouted), Michelle Rodriguez and Ne-Yo (I really liked that Ne-Yo picked a non-singing role which isn't typical of singers).

 This is the first Hollywood war movie I've seen (I think? I don't go to the movies much) and I liked it. It pulled at the heart strings with the usual, people that shouldn't be killed, are killed and the conflict those surviving face, especially when they were close to being killed as well. Although there is no definite ending, it really made me appreciate life, even when it isn't the exact way I want it, and to appreciate those that are brave enough to fight some aliens, drones or fight in a foreign land because I COULD NOT do it.

Spoiler alert! Basically, these ginormous aliens fused with their weapons are trying to colonize planet Earth and their central command post (in the photo, falling over) is underground in Los Angeles and finding and destroying it will get them a thousand steps ahead in the war. The division of the army portrayed are Marines and Eckhart's character is a seasoned and smart Marine that basically gets them out of a lot of those last second, life and death situations that we civilians hear are a usual and scary occurrence in war. Peep the trailer below.


No comments:

Post a Comment